You’ve played a regular SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, but how about a SEGA Omega Drive? Marcel J. de Haan and his dev team have created an amazing system that uses the motherboard of a Genesis 2 and it is built into a 1987 SEGA Afterburner machine.
A 19″ LCD screen is fit right into the center of the console, and a 5 Watt dual stereo by Logitech is housed right above it. This beast of a machine supports the entire Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System library and you and a friend can play all the two player games you want thanks to the built in controller ports.
“The real power lies behind the control panel, which houses an array of video input options, all needed to play those classic video game systems. SCART, VGA, RGB, YPbPr and even HDMI inputs run through internal scanline generators to pump out an awesome arcade experience. Two faders allows for a greater control of the stereo sound from the Genesis, SCART or RCA audio input, while an additional HMDI-output allows this system to run the Genesis in parallel to a connected second console on a second screen! A power port at the side means any console can just be plugged into a video input port, and powered by the system itself – no extension cords needed.”
Here are the official specs:
- Authentic Sega Genesis Model 2 hardware
- JAP|US|EU Mega Drive/Genesis Cartride Compatible
- 2x Genesis Controller Inputs (Player 1 & 2)
- Integrated 19” 720p LCD Screen (4:3)
- Video Input: HDMI, VGA, RGB, YPbPr & SCART. Output: HDMI
- Vid1: ArcadeForge’s SLG-in-a-Box (scaler board, Sync Strike and SLG3000 in one)
- Vid2: ArcadeForge’s Scanline Generator + HD video converter
- Audio Input: Left/Right stereo RCA
- Logitech Z130 Internal 5 Watt Stereo Speakers
- 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Jack
- Fully Functional Arcade Lighting through 12v cold cathode tubes
- Extra power output port for additional console (230v)
- Classic 1987 Sega AfterBurner Converted Bezel
- Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 30 cm, Weight: damn heavy
Check out the gallery of images below!