We’ve been anxiously awaiting some Persona 5 news, and today, Atlus came through by announcing the game will be shown in some form at E3 (June 14-16) and will be released Sept. 15 on the PlayStation 3 and 4 in Japan at 8,800 yen.
Additionally, there will be a 20th Anniversary Edition, according to Gematsu, that will include:
- A copy of Persona 5
- Persona 5 art book – B5 size hard-cover Shigenori Soejima-illustrated special binding
- Persona 20th Anniversary All-Time Best Album (five CDs)
- Disc 1: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
- Disc 2: Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
- Disc 3: Persona 3 (FES)
- Disc 4: Persona 4 (The Golden)
- Disc 5: Persona 5
- Special Collaboration DLC Set #1: “Orpheus Picaro” and “Izanagi Picaro” Personas and special skill set
- Special Collaboration DLC Set #2: Persona 3 “Gekkoukan High School Uniform” costumes and Persona 3 battle BGM single set
- Special Collaboration DLC Set #3: Persona 4 “Yasogami High School Uniform” costumes and Persona 4 battle BGM single set
- Shigenori Soejima-illustrated Special Custom Theme
- Special Persona 5 Art treasure box
Also, the Persona anime, called Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers, will see its release in September, as well.